Office of the Washoe County Treasurer


  • What are my payment options?

    We offer several payment options:
    • There is no cost for payment by e-check, but a fee applies if you choose to pay by credit card from the Treasurer's website.
    • Mail To:  Washoe County Treasurer, P.O. Box 30039, Reno, NV 89520-3039.
    • Use your personal bank's online bill payment system.
    Mail To:  Washoe County Treasurer, P.O. Box 30039, Reno, NV 89520-3039
  • How does the echeck option work? What are the fees?

    When the e-check option is chosen, the user will be prompted to enter their bank routing and account information. There is no charge for this payment option. Important to note when paying by e-check, should your e-check not be honored by your financial institution it will be processed in the same manner as any other returned item. The payment will be cancelled and a $25.00 returned item fee will be added.

    An eCheck is limited to $500,000 per transaction. Payments greater than $500,000 must be paid with multiple eChecks.

  • What credit cards are accepted?

    We accept all major credit cards, both online and at our counter.




    American Express


    Credit card transactions are limited to $150,000 per transaction.

  • How can I make a credit card payment?

    Go to Treasurer's website:

    Enter parcel ID number

    Follow payment instructions

    Credit card transactions are limited to $150,000 per transaction.

  • Why is there a service fee added to my property tax payment

    Whenever a credit card is used for payment, there is typically a "merchant fee" deducted from the payment amount that gets passed from the credit card company back to the merchant.

    This means that the merchant does not collect the full price of the items sold when customers use credit cards for their purchases.

    The Treasurer's Office is mandated by state law (NRS 361.470, NRS 361.475) to collect the full amount of property tax billed on a parcel. In order to comply with this regulation and allow property taxes to be paid by credit card, the cost of the transaction is added as a service fee, to be paid by the taxpayer, rather than being taken as a merchant fee from the amount paid.

  • Credit Card Fees (Customer pays service fees)

    Credit card service fees are approximately 2.45% of the amount of taxes being paid.

    For example: A tax bill of $500.00 would have a service fee of $12.25.

  • What do I do if I don’t agree with the service fee to be charged?

    Fees are prominently displayed and acknowledged before the taxpayer finalizes the transaction. Transactions can be canceled if the taxpayer does not agree to pay the service fees.

    How can I dispute the charge or the fee after the fact? Disputes are filed the same way any other credit card dispute is handled, between the customer and their credit card issuer.

  • Can I make an online payment if my credit card address is outside the U.S.?

    Yes we are able to process credit card payments with a foreign mailing address.
  • What about debit cards? What are the fees?

    Both debit and credit cards have the same service fee, whether online or at our front counter.
  • Can I pay with my bank using bill pay?

    You can use your bank's bill pay service using your parcel number or identifier number (with no dashes or slashes) as the "account number" in the merchant field set up. Please complete a separate transaction for each parcel. Please allow 5 days for payment to be delivered to our office.

  • Can I make payment by phone?

    Security of your financial information is important.  Therefore, we are unable to accept payments by telephone.  We do however offer simple online payment options that can be made in a secure environment.

    Please click here to make a payment.

  • Is there a charge for duplicate bills?

    There are no charges for duplicate bills or memo bills. You can see and print current amounts due on our Property Tax Search page at: 
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »