New License Required Documents
Checklist of required documents for complete business license submission. Also downloadable, the checklist provides a fast and effective tool to gather all documents prior to submission.
Required Documents Checklist
Washoe County Business License Application
- Complete Washoe County Business License application.
Copies of Documents and Certificates to Establish Business Name
- Articles of Incorporation and List of Officers A copy of your Articles of Incorporation and a current list of officers is necessary if your business is incorporated through the State of Nevada.
- Fictiticious Firm Name Certificate. Fictitious Firm Name (DBA) certificate is completed with the Washoe County Clerk and necessary if 1) using a business name other than your first and last name or 2) for corporations doing business under a name different from the corporation’s name.
State of Nevada Registration, Taxation and Employer Documents (www.nvsilverflume.gov)
- NVSilverFlume application
- Clearance Letter (Proof of registration with Nevada Department of Taxation)
- State Industrial Insurance Compliance Form (D-25) (Required even if you do not have employees)
- Proof of applicable Federal and State Licenses, if applicable (ie license from State Board of Medical Examiners prior to practicing medicine)
Home-Based Business Requirement
- Business operating from the home must also complete the "Home-based Business Development Standards and Requirement" form.
Please help, business License application and all forms MUST be complete for efficient submission and licensing.