2018 Code Update Submittal Guidelines for Master Plans
The following guidelines are intended to be used by developers with Master Plans in communities currently under construction: (2 copies of all documents shall be provided. If Boxes 7 or 11a are checked, 3 copies are required. Please note that all documents must be wet/electronically stamped and signed by the appropriate Nevada Licensed Professional.)
1. APPLICATION: A new application is required to be submitted for each of the existing master plans. The description of work will be listed as, “Addendum to WBLD12M-______ for compliance with the 2018 adopted codes and NNICC amendments.”
2. ENGINEER’S VERIFICATION: The Engineer of Record for the current master plan will be required to submit a letter indicating that the original structural calculations and plans have been reviewed, and that no changes are necessary in order to comply with the adopted 2018 codes, ASCE 7-16, and the Northern Nevada Amendments. The above referenced letter shall contain the following current design criteria.
3. Design Criteria:
Wind Speed: 120 MPH for Risk Category II structures.
Exposure: As defined in section 301.2.1.4 of the 2018 IRC.
Seismic Design Category: D2.
Snow Load: Site specific based upon actual elevation.
4. If structural changes are required new calculations and structural plan sheets will need to be submitted.
5. If the Engineer of Record has changed, new calculations and all new structural plan sheets will need to be submitted.
6. DESIGN PROFESSIONAL’S VERIFICATION: The Design Professional for the current master plan will be required to submit a letter indicating that the plans have been reviewed, and that no changes are necessary in order to comply with the adopted 2018 codes and the Northern Nevada Amendments.
7. PLANNING REVIEW: If there are changes to the exterior elevations or interior layouts, including the garage all new plans and a Planning review will be required.
8. ENERGY CALCULATIONS AND CERTIFICATION: Energy calculations and a passing certification by a recognized software program indicating compliance with the 2018 IECC will be required. The certification shall indicate all required insulation R-values, window U-values, door U-values as well as the size of the required heating equipment. A free, online energy tool is available at: https://www.energycodes.gov/software-and-web-tools
If there are changes to the insulation, or the door and window values previously shown on the plans then all sheets containing changes shall be resubmitted.
9. MANUAL D, S, AND J CALCULATIONS: Heating and cooling equipment shall be sized in accordance with ACCA manual D, S, and J as required by section 403.7 of the IECC. Such calculations shall be submitted.
10. COVER SHEET: A new cover sheet including a list of all current codes, the current design criteria as well as an updated plan sheet index will be required.
11. FLOOR PLAN: A copy of the original floor plan shall be submitted. Such plan shall include all room identifications and dimensions, all window and door locations as well as type and size.
11A. If there are any changes to the floor plan a complete resubmittal shall be required.
12. ELECTRICAL PLAN: A complete new electrical plan complying with the requirements of the 2017 National Electric Code shall be submitted.
13. MECHANICAL PLAN: A mechanical plan indicating the locations of all heating and cooling equipment, heating and cooling registers, as well as the size of each air duct shall be submitted.
14. TRUSS VERIFICATION LETTER: A new truss verification letter from the Engineer of Record will be required.
15. TRUSSES: If new trusses or a new truss manufacturer are used, the following information must be provided:
Truss Verification Letter from the Engineer of Record
Truss layout sheet
Roof framing plan