Off Leash Dog Parks
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES PURSUANT TO WASHOE COUNTY CODE:
- Pet handlers are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by any action of their dogs.
- All dogs must be physically leashed upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Electronic collars and voice control are not considered leashes.
- Pet handlers are required by law (WC Chapter 55) to clean up after their dogs, waste receptacles are provided.
- All dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - handlers must remove their dog upon the first sign of aggression.
- For professional dog trainers, it is recommended you call and verify if you need a permit to conduct business at the park.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources. Handlers must repair the damage and should not return if this is a common practice for their dog.
- Recommended no more than three dogs per handler, for their safety.
- We recommended leaving all dogs that are ill, injured, in heat, or younger than 4 months old at home, for their safety.
- Be cautious of dog toys; some dogs don't like to share.
- It is recommended that children age 12 and under should be supervised at all times.