Off-Leash Dog Parks
Designated Off-Leash Areas:
- Virginia Lake Park Dog Park, 1980 Lakeside Dr., Reno, NV 89509
- Whitaker Park Dog Park, 550 University Terrace, Reno, NV 89503
- Sparks Marina Park Dog Park, 300 Howard Dr., Sparks, NV 89434
- Link Piazzo Dog Park at Hidden Valley Regional Park, Parkway Dr., Reno, NV 89502
- Rancho San Rafael Park Multi Use Area, North Sierra St., Reno, NV 89503
- Wedekind Regional Park, 11 Disc Dr., Sparks, NV 89436
- Village Green, 960 Lakeshore Blvd., Incline Village, NV 89451
- Cyan Park, 2121 Long Meadow Dr., Reno, NV 89521
Off-Leash Fields (Pilot Program):
This is a pilot program. If rules and hours are not respected then the fields will not be permitted for off-leash use. If rules and hours are followed other park fields may be designated for off leash use.
The following fields have been approved by the Park Commission to operate as off-leash areas, during non-team use for the hours listed.Hours:
- November 1 st through March 1 st: daily, 8am - sunset.
- March 2 nd - Oct 31st: Monday - Friday 8am - 1pm.
- 8085 Silver Lake Rd, Reno, NV 89506
- 80' x 80' soccer field
- 15650 Wedge Pkwy, Reno, NV 89511
- Lower soccer field
- 7100 Pyramid Way, Sparks, NV 89436
- Lower soccer field
For more information about this pilot project visit www.washoecountyparks.com
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES PURSUANT TO WASHOE COUNTY CODE:
- Pet handlers are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by any action of their dogs.
- All dogs must be physically leashed upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Electronic collars and voice control are not considered leashes.
- Pet handlers are required by law (WC Chapter 55) to clean up after their dogs, waste receptacles are provided.
- All dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - handlers must remove their dog upon the first sign of aggression.
- For professional dog trainers, it is recommended you call and verify if you need a permit to conduct business at the park.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources. Handlers must repair the damage and should not return if this is a common practice for their dog.
- Recommended no more than three dogs per handler, for their safety.
- We recommended leaving all dogs that are ill, injured, in heat, or younger than 4 months old at home, for their safety.
- Be cautious of dog toys; some dogs don't like to share.
- It is recommended that children age 12 and under should be supervised at all times.