Environmental Health (EHS)
Contact Us Phone: 775.328.2434 Fax: 775.328.6176 Email: HealthEHS@washoecounty.gov
Located at: 1001 East Ninth Street, Building B, 2nd Floor, Reno, NV 89512
For your convenience, Citizen’s Access at onenv.us is available to make a payment or apply for a permit online 24/7.
Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.* (no payments accepted after 4 p.m.)
*Permits requiring monetary transactions must be completed by 4 p.m., including plan submittals.
Closed: 8 - 10 a.m. the fourth Thursday of every month. Exception is November and December (closed 8 - 10 a.m. the third Thursday).
Environmental Health (EHS) ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws regulating food, waste, water, vector and other areas of public health in Washoe County. While many programs emphasize enforcement, EHS also maintains strong education components, promoting a collaborative approach with industry to meet established public health goals at the local and national levels.
To see restaurant inspection scores, download the Washoe Eats App.
The Land Development Program, through permit plan review, inspections, and collaboration with state and local agencies, health department staff and the public, ensures that development in Washoe County occurs in a manner that minimizes environmental contamination and prevents the spread of disease, promotes public health and safety, and provides sustainable development.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING WATER PROJECTS: Please note before a new water project is placed online, WCHD must be provided with a certification from the supplier of water that the water project was completed in substantial compliance with the plans and specifications approved for the water project, including the installation of potable water system products certified to ANSI/ NSF standards. (NAC 445A.65825, NAC 445A.6663, NAC 445A.66715)
- Child Care Inspection Program
- Food Safety / Protection Services - Information for running a food establishment
- Hotels and Motels/Public Accommodations
- Invasive Body Decoration (Tattoo & Piercing and Permanent Make-up)
- Land Development -
- Mobile Homes and RV Parks
- Public Pools & Spas
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Vector-Borne Disease Prevention/Mosquitos & Rodents - Protecting the public's health and well-being through prevention of human disease, discomfort, annoyance, and economic loss caused by vector species and vector-borne diseases agents such as insects and rodents.
- Waste Management
- Permit to Operate Application
- Contact Info for Local Plans and Permitting Agencies
- Recalls (www.recalls.gov) - a list of recalled products ranging from cars to toys to drugs and food.
Sewage, Wastewater and Sanitation (SWS) Hearing Board The Sewage, Wastewater and Sanitation Hearing Board, through the Washoe County Health District, meets as needed, when an appeal or variance hearing is required by the regulations governing sewage, wastewater or sanitation. For further information, including meeting agendas and minutes, click here.
Food Protection Hearing & Advisory Board (FPHAB) The Food Protection Hearing & Advisory Board, through the Washoe County Health District, meets as needed, when an appeal or variance hearing is required by the regulations governing food establishments. For further information, including meeting agendas and minutes, click here.
Last modified on 02/18/2022