Women, Infants & Children Program (WIC)
Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children
WIC is the nation’s most successful public health nutrition program. The Health District WIC program provides nutritious foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding/chest-feeding support, and referrals to health and other community resources for eligible participants. WIC is funded by USDA.
Interested in WIC? Fill out this form here!
Who is Eligible
- Individuals who are pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding;
- Caretakers of children up to age 5;
- Families who meet the income guidelines either through active participation in Medicaid, TANF, SNAP or household income;
- Nevada residents
WIC Welcomes All
A non-citizen to the U.S. will not be deported, denied entry to the country, or denied permanent status because they receive WIC benefits. It does not affect immigration status and ability to become a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
If you are a family member, grandparent, father, or foster parent caring for a child up to age 5, you may be eligible for WIC.
WIC is free! There is no charge.
To apply, fill out a quick interest form.
¿Interesada (o) en WIC? Para aplicar, complete un formulario rápido de interés.
- WIC monthly foods include fruits and vegetables, whole grains, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter/beans, cereal, juice, infant foods and formula;
- A larger food package for parents who breastfeed exclusively to help them stay healthy;
- WIC Foods
EDUCATION & SUPPORT
- Education and guidance from nutrition and lactation specialists
- Tips on how to shop for healthy food, how to cook it, and how to encourage your kids to eat it
- Education on prenatal, infant, and toddler nutrition
- Breastfeeding supplies including breast pumps
- Breastfeeding education
RESOURCES & REFERRALS
- Referrals to healthcare professionals such as pediatricians, dentists, mental health, and immunizations;
- Help with getting connected to other resources such as diaper banks, SNAP, childcare services and more;
- Community Resource List
Need Help with WIC Services?
If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available. Please let WIC staff know or contact your local WIC Clinic. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
¿Necesita ayuda con servicios de WIC?
Si tiene dificultades entendiendo el inglés o tiene alguna discapacidad, hay asistencia lingüística gratuita u otras ayudas y servicios disponibles. Por favor de hacer saber a un empleado de WIC o comuníquese con su clínica local de WIC. Esta institución es un proveedor de igualdad de oportunidades.
The WIC Program is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. | USDA Nondiscrimination Statement: (English) (Spanish)
To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Director, Center for Civil Rights Enforcement, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410.
Last modified on 05/16/2023