Healthy Corner Store
The Healthy Corner Store Initiative, Grab Healthy is a new program designed to help small markets improve the health of their community by stocking and marketing healthy food into neighborhood corner stores.
Benefits for your Store
- Stocking more healthy foods could improve your sales and mean better business for your store.
- New products and more variety attract new customers.
- Healthy foods can yield high profit margins, and prominently displayed healthy foods can increase sales.
- Friendly relationships with your customers and community increase store loyalty.
Benefits for your Community
- Community members without access to basic transportation will have easier access to healthy foods.
- Connections with a local business that cares about their health and their community.
- Store accepts SNAP benefits
- Store is about one mile away from the nearest supercenter, supermarket or large grocery store
How it works
- Contact Us: Please complete this form to indicate your interest in the program
- Explore Options: We will explain the program and help you identify options that work with your business.
- Assistance: We will help the entire way and provide resources and tools for your participation to be successful!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a healthy retailer in our community!
- 7-Eleven – 1770 Sutro St. Reno, NV 89512
- Reno Food & Discount Liquor – 1123 E 6th St. Reno, NV 89512
- Vassar Market – 1870 Vassar St. Reno, NV 89502
For more information about the Healthy Corner Store project, contact 775-328-6158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is intended to promote healthy eating options and is not associated with food safety inspections and compliance activities conducted by the Washoe County Health District.
Last modified on 04/08/2022