- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- How do I get my recyclables picked up at the curbside in my neighborhood?
- Can I recycle yard clippings and other "green wastes"?
- How do I get rid of old paint?
- How can I dispose of household products containing hazardous materials or chemicals?
- How do I dispose of old computers?
- Where can I dispose of used motor oil?
- How can I start a waste reduction, recycling and a buy-recycled program in my work place?
- Is there an option for single-stream recycling in Washoe County?
- Water Projects/Engineering
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Where can I dispose of used motor oil?
Most oil recycling centers will accept up to five gallons of used oil free-of-charge. Many of the large auto parts retailers in Washoe County will take motor oil from local residents. Make sure when transporting the oil, that it is in a secured container and is free of contamination by lubricants, gasoline, or antifreeze.
In other Northern Nevada Counties, call the State of Nevada Recycling Hotline at 1-800-597-5865.
Last modified on 01/12/2015