- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- How do I get my recyclables picked up at the curbside in my neighborhood?
- Can I recycle yard clippings and other "green wastes"?
- How do I get rid of old paint?
- How can I dispose of household products containing hazardous materials or chemicals?
- How do I dispose of old computers?
- Where can I dispose of used motor oil?
- How can I start a waste reduction, recycling and a buy-recycled program in my work place?
- Is there an option for single-stream recycling in Washoe County?
- Community And Clinical Health
- Water Projects/Engineering
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Can I recycle yard clippings and other "green wastes"?
At this time, there is not a green waste program. However, you can build a compost pile from yard wastes that will provide nourishment and fertilizer for the garden and landscape.
For more information on how to construct a compost pile, consult your local nursery or the Master Gardener Program through the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Office at 784-4848.
Last modified on 01/12/2015