- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- How do I get my recyclables picked up at the curbside in my neighborhood?
- Can I recycle yard clippings and other "green wastes"?
- How do I get rid of old paint?
- How can I dispose of household products containing hazardous materials or chemicals?
- How do I dispose of old computers?
- Where can I dispose of used motor oil?
- How can I start a waste reduction, recycling and a buy-recycled program in my work place?
- Is there an option for single-stream recycling in Washoe County?
- Water Projects/Engineering
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
How do I get rid of old paint?
In Washoe County, there are several ways to dispose of household paint. First, remove the lids from the paint cans and let the contents dry to a solid form. If there is more than 1/2 inch of paint, add kitty litter to absorb it. When the material is solidified, you can dispose of it your household trash. Or, secondly, you may pour the paint directly on to plastic tarps being careful not to spill on to the ground; let it harden, and then roll up the tarps and place in your household trash.
Last modified on 01/12/2015