Kristopher Dahir is the Sparks City Council appointee for the District Board of Health. He was named Chair of the Distirict Board of Health in October 2022.
2nd term. Original appointment - November 28, 2016. Expiration - December 31, 2024
Councilman Kristopher Dahir was elected to his first term serving the City and residents of Ward 5 in November 2016, succeeding Councilman Ron Schmitt, and was reelected in November 2020.
Councilman Dahir has called Nevada “home” for 36 years. Mr. Dahir holds degrees in psychology and strategic leadership. For most of his career, he has concentrated on work with non-profits and businesses to help them run more concise and focused operations.
His residency in Sparks is highlighted by community service. He is a founding board member of the 39 North Downtown Sparks community group and serves on the Nevada Veterans Memorial Board. Mr. Dahir is a Rotarian, a pastor at Freedom Fellowship, and is director of Advancement at Excel Christian School. He and his wife Melissa of 24 years have two sons.
Boards and Commissions:
- Community Homelessness Advisory Board, Chair
- National League of Cities, Community and Economic Development Committee
- Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) Alternate #1
- Sparks Tourism & Marketing Committee
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) Board of Directors
- Washoe County District Board of Health
- Western Regional Water Commission – Sparks representative
Last modified on 11/01/2022