2022 Candidate Filing
Filing for any office wholly contained within Washoe County can be be completed at the Washoe County Registrar of Voters office located at 1001 E. 9th Street, Building A, Rm 135A, Reno, NV 89512.
- Please bring your photo ID that reflects your current residence address with your filing fee (payable by cash, certified check, or cashier's check per NRS 293.193) and allow approximately 20 minutes to complete the filing process.
Candidate Filing Periods
- Judicial Candidate Filing Period March 7, 2022 - March 18, 2022
- Judicial filing dates temporarily revised for 2022 to coincide with non-judicial filing dates - AB 1 33rd Special Session
- For more information on filing for Judicial Office, CLICK HERE (this link will take you to the Nevada Secretary of State's website)
- Non-Judicial Candidate Filing Period March 7, 2022 - March 18, 2022
- For more information on filing for Non-Judicial Office, CLICK HERE (this link will take you to the Nevada Secretary of State's website)
Candidate Filing Fees (for offices wholly contained within Washoe County who file with the Washoe County Registrar of Voters)
- State Senator $100.00
- State Assembly $100.00
- County Commission $100
- All other County Offices $100.00
- District Judge $150.00
- Regent, University of Nevada $ No filing fee
- School Board Trustee $30.00
- General Improvement and Fire Districts $30.00
*excluding the following GIDs: Gerlach, Grandview Terrace AND Palomino Valley
- Sheriff $100.00
- Constable $30.00
- Justice of the Peace $30.00
Filing fees must be paid to the filing officer by cash, cashier’s check or certified check. Personal checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, credit cards and all other forms of payments, will NOT be accepted
The Washoe County Registrar of Voters is the filing officer for offices which represent districts wholly contained in Washoe County.
The Secretary of State is the filing officer for statewide offices and offices which represent districts that cover more than one county.
The City Clerk if the filing officer for all City offices.
Click on the links below to see the qualifications for offices that are wholly contained within Washoe County in the upcoming 2022 Elections and file at the office of the Registrar of Voters.District Partisan Offices
County Partisan Offices
- County Commissioner
- County Assessor
- County Clerk
- District Attorney
- Public Administrator
- County Recorder
- County Treasurer
District Nonpartisan Offices
County Nonpartisan Offices
Township Nonpartisan Offices
- Constable, Incline Village
- Justice of the Peace
Other offices not listed above?
CLICK HERE for a full list of 2022 List of Office up for Election in Washoe County.
Candidates for statewide and multi-county offices file with the Secretary of States office.
- CLICK HERE for more information regarding filing with the Secretary of State.
For offices elected in Municipal elections, the respective City Clerks are the filing officer.