Off Leash Dog Pilot Program
Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space is starting a one-year pilot program to utilize certain athletic fields for off-leash dog use during certain non-team use times. We are starting with three designated soccer fields in three different parks for the pilot program, starting Saturday, November 20, 2021 through November 2022.
Please note: This is a pilot program. If rules and hours are NOT respected then these fields will no longer be permitted for "off-leash". If rules and hours ARE followed, more park fields in addition to these will be designated for "off-leash". Please be respectful!
Each field entrance will have a dog waste station, but users are still required to bring their own dog waste bags.
- North Valleys Regional Park
8085 Silver Lake Road, Reno 89506
*80' x 80' fully fenced soccer field at the end of Silver Lake Road
- Lazy 5 Regional Park
7100 Pyramid Way Sparks, 89436
*Unfenced lower park soccer field
- South Valleys Regional Park
15650 Wedge Parkway, Reno 89511
*Partially fenced lower soccer field between the library and playground
November thru February
8:00am - Sunset, everyday
March thru October
8:00am - 1:00pm, Monday thru Friday ONLY
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- You are legally responsible for your dog's behavior and any injuries or damages he/she causes
- By entering the dog off-leash area, you do so at your own risk and agree to abide by all park rules.
- Never leave the off-leash area without your dog(s), leave them unattended, or allow them out of sight. Your dog should be under voice control, meaning they are obedient and respond to your commands.
- You are required by law (WCC Chapter 55) to clean up after your dog and carry a suitable container for dog feces. Remove and dispose of waste in bins provided.
- Always carry a physical leash; leash dog(s) when entering/leaving park
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in this area.
- All dogs must have current vaccinations and license by law (WC Chapter 55)
- No more than three dogs per handler.
*Please note that dogs must be leashed in all other areas outside of the designated off-leash areas, including playgrounds, reserve-able group picnic areas and other athletic turf fields.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Park Ranger Celia Walker at (775) 785-4512 x104 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on dog parks in Washoe County, click HERE.