Sandbag locations available throughout unincorporated Washoe County
County asks residents to prepare for inclement weather.

Media Release
For Immediate Release

Contact: Joint Information Media Line

Reno, Nevada. Jan. 4, 2017. Due to significant precipitation in the forecast the next few days, the Washoe County Community Services Department (CSD) has setup several sandbag locations within unincorporated Washoe County.

Washoe County asks that all citizens stay away from standing or moving water and do not try to pass over roads where you cannot see the pavement.

Residents with properties near open ditches and culverts in unincorporated Washoe County should prepare for incoming storms.

If you live in unincorporated Washoe County and see that a ditch near your property has been clogged with debris and you anticipate a problem, please contact us at 775-328-2180.

The following is a list of sandbag locations available throughout unincorporated Washoe County:

  • Washoe County Operations Yard, 3101 Longley Lane, Reno
  • Highland Ranch Parkway, one mile west of Pyramid Hwy, Sparks
  • Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Station #30 at 3905 Old Hwy 395, Washoe Valley
  • Gander Lane and Eastlake Blvd. in Washoe Valley
  • Paddlewheel and Andrew Lanes in Pleasant Valley
  • Toll Road and Geiger Grade
  • Truckee Meadows Fire Lemmon Valley Volunteer Station #223 at 130 Nectar Street
  • Arizona and Lemmon Drive in Lemmon Valley
  • Blue Heron/ Warrior Lane in Belli Ranch Area
  • TMFPD Hidden Valley Fire Station
  • Red Rock Volunteer Fire Station

Report any flooding within unincorporated Washoe County to 775-328-2180.

road noticesIn addition to monitoring and preparing roads for rain, snow and ice, the Community Services Department Roads Crews have installed road signs on Dog Valley Road near the California Border in Verdi, warning motorists that the road is not maintained a half mile beyond that point.

“The road may be impassable during inclement weather, so we ask that all motorists keep that in mind,” Crump said. “Many motorists have been directed to this route by their GPS navigation as an alternative to westbound I-80.” 

Media: Contact Eric Crump at 775-386-3129 for interviews.

# # #

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »