Washoe County Substance Abuse Task Force
The Washoe County Substance Abuse Task Force (SATF) was formed in 2019 to encourage organizations to work collectively to help reduce substance addiction, prevent overdose deaths, and improve the quality of life in Washoe County.
- Information Sharing and Networking
- Convene regular meetings to support information sharing and discussion on emerging and best practices around the reduction of substance abuse and drug-related overdose/poisonings.
- Support for existing programs and community awareness
- Focus support on existing programs that provide a system of care that results in harm reduction and recovery.
- Develop new or refine existing programs that have potential to contribute to addiction reduction and recidivism long term.
- Support or develop coordinated outreach efforts to affect community change and awareness.
- Advocate for legislation or policy that advances the mission of the SATF.
The Washoe County SATF includes participation by local public safety, public health, and behavioral health programs representatives:
- Join Together Northern Nevada
- Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
- Nevada Office of the Attorney General
- Nevada State Overdose Data to Action
- Northern Nevada HOPES
- Quest Counseling
- Regional U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Reno Police Department
- Ridge House - Reno
- Sparks Police Department
- Trac-B Exchange / Harm Reduction Center
- UNR Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies
- UNR School of Public Health
- Washoe County Department of Alternative Sentencing
- Washoe County Department of Juvenile Services
- Washoe County Health District*
- Washoe County Human Services Agency
- Washoe County Public Defender’s Office
- Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner's Office
- Washoe County Second District Court
- Washoe County Sherriff’s Office*
- Washoe County Specialty Courts Division
*Current meeting co-chair
For more information or to become a member of the SATF, please contact:
Washoe County Health District
This Board/Committee meets bi-monthly via Zoom. Meetings are not currently open to the public.
Dec. 4, 2023
Oct. 2, 2023
Aug. 7, 2023
June 5, 2023
April 3, 2023
Feb. 6, 2023
Dec. 5, 2022
Oct. 3, 2022
Aug. 1, 2022
June 6, 2022
April 4, 2022
Feb. 7, 2022
Dec. 6, 2021
Nov. 1, 2021
Oct. 4, 2021
June 7, 2021
May 3, 2021
April 5, 2021
March 1, 2021
Feb. 1, 2021