Christine Eckles, Division Director
Wittenberg Hall is a secure holding facility for the temporary detention of juvenile offenders. Within this framework, our mission is twofold:
- Protecting the community by securely housing juveniles that may be or have been involved in activities injurious to the public;
- Providing for the safe, secure, and healthy detention of juveniles detained within the facility.
- To provide for the juvenile's basic needs including shelter, food, clothing, and medical care.
- To protect the rights of juveniles during residence.
- To provide for the educational, physical, emotional, and social needs of detained juveniles.
- To administer programs, rules, discipline, and controls in a fair and consistent manner.
- To nurture and encourage acceptable behavior.
While safety and security concerns are our foremost responsibilities, we strive to provide meaningful programming to meet the needs of juveniles in custody. Youth are involved in educational programs, youth development programs, recreational activities, approved leisure time activities and daily housekeeping.