- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Community and Clinical Health Services
- Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Public Health Preparedness
- Statistics, Surveillance and Reports
- Birth and Death Records
- Communicable Diseases and Epidemiology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Program Overview
- Public Health Emergencies
- Medical Reserve Corps
- How to Better Prepare for a Disaster
- Point of Dispensing (POD) Education
- What is a POD?
- What Does a POD Look Like?
- Things to Know About PODs
- When Would a POD be Activated?
- Public POD Events and Exercises
- Important POD Notifications Found Here
- Tools for POD Activation
- Online Training
- Other Resources
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
When Would a POD be Activated?
A POD will be activated in the event of a public health emergency where a
large portion of the population or the entire population of Washoe
County is at risk. An example of these types of emergencies would be a
bioterrorist attack involving the weaponization of a biological agent or
a disease outbreak that threatens the lives of a large portion of the
population, such as pandemic influenza.
Last modified on 07/21/2015