- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Community and Clinical Health Services
- Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Public Health Preparedness
- Statistics, Surveillance and Reports
- Birth and Death Records
- Communicable Diseases and Epidemiology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Program Overview
- Public Health Emergencies
- Medical Reserve Corps
- How to Better Prepare for a Disaster
- Point of Dispensing (POD) Education
- What is a POD?
- What Does a POD Look Like?
- Things to Know About PODs
- When Would a POD be Activated?
- Public POD Events and Exercises
- Important POD Notifications Found Here
- Tools for POD Activation
- Other Resources
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Bioterrorism using Biological Agents:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has designated 6 "Category A" biological agents that are considered to be the most likely disease agents to be used in a bioterrorism attack.
Please click on the “Category A” agent that is listed below to access important information for each agent, including: a fact sheet, video, and link to the CDC website.
Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (Ebola, Marburg, etc.)
Last modified on 07/21/2015