- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Community and Clinical Health Services
- Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Public Health Preparedness
- Statistics, Surveillance and Reports
- Birth and Death Records
- Communicable Diseases and Epidemiology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Program Overview
- Public Health Emergencies
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Contact Us
- Medical Reserve Corps FAQs
- Why should I become a member of the Medical Reserve Corps?
- How many people are expected to join the Washoe County Medical Reserve Corps? Must I be a healthcare professional to be a member of the Medical Reserve Corps?
- If I am deployed in response to an incident, what amount of time can I expect to commit as a member of the Medical Reserve Corps?
- Exclusive of my deployment in response to an incident, what amount of time can I expect to commit as a member of the Medical Reserve Corps?
- As a member of the Medical Reserve Corps, am I required to volunteer during an incident?
- How do I prepare my family for my possible Medical Reserve Corps deployment to assist in response efforts?
- What role can I expect to hold during a Medical Reserve Corps response effort?
- How do I protect myself from losing my job if I am deployed?
- Will I have the opportunity to volunteer for Medical Reserve Corps response efforts outside of the local area?
- How will I be contacted in the event of an incident?
- What does the term "just-in-time" training mean?
- What are the potential risks of working in Medical Reserve Corps incident response efforts?
- What are the vaccination requirements for Washoe County MRC members?
- Why must I submit to a background check?
- How to Better Prepare for a Disaster
- Point of Dispensing (POD) Education
- Other Resources
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Educational and On-Line Learning Links
- University of Albany, NY e-Learning center (free online courses)
- FEMA Independent Study Program
- National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC)
- Louisiana State University, National Center for Biomedical Research & Training, Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education (NCBRT)
- New Mexico Tech, Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center (EMRTC)
- Texas A&M University, Texas Engineering Extension Service, National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (TEEX/NERRTC)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP)
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa, National Disaster Preparedness Training Center
Last modified on 10/21/2022