Excellence In Food Safety Awards
Does your restaurant do what it takes to achieve Excellence in Food Safety?
The Excellence in Food Safety Awards program was created to recognize Washoe County food facilities that go above and beyond to demonstrate their commitment to long-term food safety. Show the Washoe County community that your restaurant values food safety!
How It Works
The Excellence in Food Safety Awards program is an annual program operating from January 1st to December 31st each calendar year. Food facilities that meet the program criteria are encouraged to complete and submit an application and supporting documents to WCHD. Applications for the preceding year are due on March 31st.
What You Win
Qualifying facilities will receive:
- an Excellence in Food Safety Certificate of Recognition
- a window sticker to display at your facility
- a digital logo for your facility's webpages and social media
How To Qualify
Any facility in Washoe County that meets the eligible criteria as listed below may apply and there is no limit to the number of food establishments that can receive this award per year.
Mandatory Criteria (must meet all):
Qualifying establishments must:
- Be currently open for business
- Posses a valid health permit has not been suspended or revoked during the application year
- Employ at least one Certified Food Protection Manager, if required for their risk category
- Not have any elevated enforcement action taken during the past two years, such as risk control plans or office hearings
Mandatory Inspection Requirements (must meet all):
During the last two (2) years the establishment must have received no more than:
- One repeat violation
- Three non-critical violations (per inspection)
- Two critical violations
How To Apply
Facilities that wish to apply must submit an application (see below) AND at least 3 of following forms of supporting documentation:
- Approved HACCP plan
- Proof of food safety logs (for example: temperature, cooling, temperature calibration)
- Continuing education for staff, including continuous in-house food safety training
- Written Food Safety Plan describing the procedures, staff training, and monitoring program
- Essay (500 words or less) that answers the question: “How has your establishment promoted a culture of food safety excellence this year?”
- Approved Operational Plans (for example: Dogs on Patios, Catering, Barbeque)
Please see the form below to apply for an Excellence in Food Safety Award.
Last modified on 01/10/2023