For further assistance or questions regarding the appeal of Air Quality actions to the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board please contact us at Health-AirQualityContactUs@washoecounty.gov
What Air Quality actions can be appealed to the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board?
Pursuant to Washoe County District Board of Health Regulations Governing Air Quality Management Section 020.0251020.0251 HEARING BOARD - JURISDICTION
A. Any person may bring an appeal to the Hearing Board, if said person has been aggrieved in any of the following ways:
- By the issuance, denial, suspension, or revocation of any permit required by these regulations.
- Whenever the Control Officer, or his authorized representative, has issued, modified, or rescinded any order, or suspended or revoked any variance.
- By the issuance of a Notice of Violation, either with or without a contained order.
- Whenever the Control Officer rejects or requires additional information or testing before approval of any application or Environmental Impact Assessment or study.
- By the imposition or amendment of any condition in conjunction with the issuance, renewal or modification of a Permit to Operate.
How long do I have to file an appeal with the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board?
Pursuant to Washoe County District Board of Health Regulations Governing Air Quality Management Section 020.0252
020.0252 HEARING BOARD - APPEAL PROCEDURE
All appeals to the Hearing Board shall be initiated by the filing of a petition on forms prepared by the Control Officer within ten (10) days after the person bringing the appeal has received any order or Notice of Violation issued by the Control Officer or his authorized representative or has had any permit as required by these regulations issued, denied renewed, suspended or revoked
Complete compliance, enforcement and appeals process
The flow chart below provides a visualization of the entire compliance, enforcement and appeals process and will assist you in navigating the process.
Forms, Links and Other Resources
- Link to the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board webpage
- Link to all Washoe County District Board of Health Regulations Governing Air Quality Management
- WCAQMD’s Standard Operating Procedure for Violations
- Compliance, Enforcement and Appeals Process Flowchart
- WCAQMD’s Penalty Table
- WCAQMD’s Recommended Administrative Penalty Calculation Worksheet
- Appeal Form
- Variance Form
Last modified on 10/01/2021