- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- What can be recycled?
- How do I prepare my waste for recycling?
- Is there a cost to recycle?
- Why recycle if the process will cost my business money?
- Isn’t commercial recycling limited by city franchise agreements?
- Where can I get more information if I am interested in establishing a recycling program for my business?
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- Water Projects/Engineering
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
How do I prepare my waste for recycling?
Waste that is to be sent for resource recovery or recycling must be separated at the site of generation. For example, if your business generates glass and aluminum cans and you want to recycle it, the glass and aluminum must separated from your other solid waste. Once separated, the recyclable materials (e.g., glass and aluminum cans) must be placed in a container for collection by a waste hauler permitted to collect and transport recyclable materials.
Last modified on 01/09/2015