- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Birth and Death Records
- How do I obtain a birth or death record/certificate?
- Where can I get a copy of a birth or death certificate?
- What are the hours for Vital Statistics?
- How do I make a correction on a birth or death record?
- Who is a qualified applicant for a birth or death record?
- How much does it cost for a copy of a birth or death record?
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- Water Projects/Engineering
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
Who is a qualified applicant for a birth or death record?
Birth and death certificates are confidential in the State of Nevada and may only be released to a qualified applicant. A qualified applicant is defined as the registrant, or a direct family member by blood or marriage, his or her guardian (Must provide certified original court order appointing guardianship.), or his or her legal representative. For more information, refer to NRS 440.650 and NAC 440.070.
Last modified on 01/08/2015