- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Can I have a wood burning stove or fireplace in Washoe County?
- Is it okay for me to burn wood in my fireplace or woodstove today?
- How do I know if an air permit is required from the AQMD for my business?
- How do I register an air pollution complaint?
- What are the local asbestos regulations for commercial buildings?
- When does the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board meet?
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- Water Projects/Engineering
- Air Quality
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
What are the local asbestos regulations for commercial buildings?
The local asbestos regulations essentially mirrors the federal requirements. If you own a commercial building and want to do some remodeling, an asbestos survey will need to be completed by a certified consultant to determine the presence or absence of any asbestos materials. If present, a certified abatement contractor will need to remove the asbestos before the project can proceed. In addition, the property owner will need to obtain an asbestos acknowledgment form from the AQMD prior to obtaining a building permit from the local building departments. For further information, please call 784-7200.
Last modified on 01/08/2015