- Washoe County Health District
- About Us
- Programs and Services
- Air Quality
- Can I have a wood burning stove or fireplace in Washoe County?
- Is it okay for me to burn wood in my fireplace or woodstove today?
- How do I know if an air permit is required from the AQMD for my business?
- How do I register an air pollution complaint?
- What are the local asbestos regulations for commercial buildings?
- When does the Air Pollution Control Hearing Board meet?
- Birth and Death Records
- Commercial Recycling
- Cottage Food
- E. coli
- Environmental Health
- Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Special Events/Temporary Food
- Waste Reduction, Recycling, and Disposal
- Water Projects/Engineering
- Air Quality
- News Center
- COVID-19 Info
How do I know if an air permit is required from the AQMD for my business?
Normally, a business which emits 2 pounds or more per day of criteria air pollutants or 1 pound per day or more of toxic air pollutants will require a permit to operate. Different types of air pollution control devices are also required for different processes depending upon the size of the operation for compliance with the AQMD regulations. Applications may be obtained by downloading from the District Health Department Web site. For further information, please contact one of our environmental engineers at 784-7200 for help with the necessary information for application submittal.
Last modified on 01/08/2015