Devon T. Reese is the Vice Mayor and At-Large Reno City Councilmember and joined the District Board of Health in October, 2022. In 2023, he became Vice Chair of District Board of Health.
Devon is also a local attorney and primarily practices civil litigation with the statewide law firm of Hutchison and Steffen. Devon is proud to represent labor unions, small government entities, businesses, and families. Devon previously worked as the Vice President and General Counsel for a regional construction company.
Devon graduated in 1996 from the University of Missouri, Kansas City (go Roos!) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature. He received his law degree in 2000 from the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!). Devon is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Nevada. He was privileged to clerk for the Honorable Justice Cliff Young at the Nevada Supreme Court. Devon is a proud member of the Washoe County Bar Association.
Devon was born and raised in the Reno area. He is an avid lover of the outdoors, enjoys travel, competitive tennis, and the arts. Devon and his husband are proud fathers of three children. He has been involved in competitive speech and debate for more than 35 years and previously served as a volunteer debate coach for the nationally ranked McQueen High School Speech and Debate team.
- Capital Projects Surcharge Advisory Subcommittee
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Subcommittee, Chair
- Community Homelessness Advisory Board (CHAB)
- Financial Advisory Board
- Human Rights Commission
- Oversight Panel for School Facilities
- Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County
- Truckee Meadows Regional Planning Governing Board, Vice Chair
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- Washoe County District Board of Health
- Washoe County Stadium Authority, Chair
- Youth City Council
Last modified on 01/30/2023