Short Term Rental Permits
STR Permits Available for the Unincorporated Areas of Washoe County Only
- Is your STR within the unincorporated areas of Washoe County?
Check this map!
- Is your STR in the "orange" highlighted area of this map? Then your STR property is required to have a permit with Washoe County Planning & Building Department.
- If your STR is within the City of Reno or City of Sparks, you CANNOT obtain a permit. Washoe County Planning and Building Department DOES NOT have jurisdiction over the City of Reno and the City of Sparks.
STR Permit Application and Guide
- STR Permit Application
- STR Application Guide
- STR Permit Application Fees
- STR Frequently Asked Questions
Supplemental STR Application Documents
- Vacation Rental Safety Information Sheet
- Emergency Preparedness Guide (English / Spanish)
- Bear Awareness Brochure
Submit Your STR Application Online Through OneNV.us
- Prepare all required documents as noted in the STR Application Guide
- Review the Step-by-Step Instructions for Online Submittal for submitting your application online.
- Go To OneNV.us to create a user account (Perferred browser = Chrome or Firefox)
- On OneNV.us, click on the "Short Term Rentals" tab to start the submittal process
STR Home Inspections - What You Can Expect and Prepare For
Virtual STR Workshop
Next Workshop Date & Time TBD
Attend a virtual workshop on Zoom for a presentation on the STR permit application process and Q&A with staff.
Zoom Meeting Link: (will become available as workshops are scheduled)
Zoom Meeting ID:
Determine if your STR location is within the unincorporated areas of Washoe County
- "Orange" Areas = Unincorporated Area of Washoe County
- "Pink" Areas = City of Reno
- "Green" Areas = City of Sparks
- Click HERE for a link to the Washoe Regional Mapping System (WRMS)