Short Term Rental Permits

STR Permits Available for the Unincorporated Areas of Washoe County Only
  • Is your STR within the unincorporated areas of Washoe County?
    Check this map!
  • Is your STR in the "orange" highlighted area of this map? Then your STR property is required to have a permit with Washoe County Planning & Building Department.
  • If your STR is within the City of Reno or City of Sparks, you CANNOT obtain a permit.  Washoe County Planning and Building Department DOES NOT have jurisdiction over the City of Reno and the City of Sparks.

STR Permit Application and Guide
Supplemental STR Application Documents 
Submit Your STR Application Online Through 
  1. Prepare all required documents as noted in the STR Application Guide
  2. Review the Step-by-Step Instructions for Online Submittal for submitting your application online.
  3. Go To to create a user account (Perferred browser = Chrome or Firefox)
  4. On, click on the "Short Term Rentals" tab to start the submittal process
  5. Pay the application fees on, by following the How To: Short Term Rental ACA Payment Instructions
STR Home Inspections - What You Can Expect and Prepare For


Where is my STR Located?

Determine if your STR location is within the unincorporated areas of Washoe County

Learn More »