Do I need a license?

You will need a Washoe County business license if your place of business (or home if you have a home-based business):

  • is located in unincorporated Washoe County; OR,
  • if your business is located within the Cities of Reno or Sparks, or outside of Washoe County, and you physically go into the unincorporated areas of Washoe County to conduct your business.

Neighborhoods in unincorporated Washoe County include:  Cold Springs, Lemmon Valley, Verdi/Mogul, Incline Village or Crystal Bay, Wadsworth, Gerlach or Empire, Red Rock or Rancho Haven, Warm Springs, Geiger Grade, Spanish Springs, Washoe Valley, Golden Valley, Sun Valley (among others).

Reno, Sparks, County?

Reno, Sparks, County?

Check Your Location. 

  • Red/Purple is Reno, Nevada
  • Green is Sparks, Nevada
  • Yellow is unincorporated Washoe County, Nevada