Traffic and Roads

Report A Traffic Concern

To express road/traffic concerns and identify possible solutions, please complete the citizen traffic request form. Washoe County's traffic calming policy useful to answer your most common questions.

Learn More »
Traffic Signals

Traffic Signals

To report a traffic signal malfunction, please call (775) 335-ROAD or 335-7623.

Traffic Lights and Signs

To report and issue with traffic lights or missing signs, connect with the Washoe County Road's team! Learn More »

Pavement Condition

Washoe County uses revenues from gas taxes to maintain roads according to the pavement condition index. A pavement condition index provides a simple method to balance maintenance and replacement of roads with available funds. 

Learn More »

Private Construction in Right-Of-Way

For permitting, standards and process for road-way construction projects within unincorporated Washoe County, visit our developer information pages. Learn More »

Regional Street Naming

Part of the land development process requires the naming of streets and roadways. This process is completed regionally with a cooperative effort between Washoe County, the City of Reno, and the City of Sparks.

Learn More »

Presumed Public Roads

Is this road public or private? Maps of presumed public roads are available for reference and public use/access to public land.

Learn More »

Snow Removal, Maintenance and Ditches

Washoe County Roads Team is always available to complete anticipated and emergency road issues in unincorporated Washoe County. The team works closely with our engineering team. Learn More »