Lost Your Pet?
Losing a member of your pet family is a very stressful and upsetting event. We've compiled a few steps and tips to get your best friend home as safely and quickly as possible.
Start searching right away! Search the neighborhood surrounding your home.
Ask your neighbors, postal carriers, and delivery drivers if they have seen them and shoot them a picture of your pet if you have one.Check in with Washoe County Regional Animal Services (WCRAS), the only lost and found pet facility in all of Washoe County. Complete a Lost Animal Report online, by phone or in person. Verify your current contact information and that a photo of your pet is updated with WCRAS.
Scour the internet. Here are some popular sites used for Lost and Found Pets.
- Facebook - Lost and Found pets of Northern Nevada
- Facebook - Reno/Sparks Lost and Found Pet
- Facebook - Lost and Found pets of Nevada
- Facebook - Lost/Found Pets in Carson City/Gardnerville/Dayton/VC/Reno Area
- Nextdoor App
- Petco Love Lost
Call your microchip company and make sure your information is updated. WCRAS may be able to assist you with this information if the microchip number is known.
- Post flyers throughout your neighborhood, local grocery stores, bulletin board and community areas.
- Continue checking with WCRAS.The lost and found web page is updated every 30 minutes.
- If your pet has been missing for more than 5 days, please check here.
- When you find your pet, notify all places you placed a lost report and take down all posters.
- Whatever you do, don't give up!
- Lastly, nobody wants to think about the possibility that their pet may be deceased. We do have a description of deceased animal and general areas picked up that are kept for 30 days here.